Gymnastics is one of the essential components of the Olympic Games but rhythmic gymnastics is considered and regarded as both sport and art. The UAE rhythmic gymnastics is a combination of gymnastics, dance, and movement and is quite different when compared with the traditional gymnastics. For example, the artistic gymnastics is all about tumbling and speed but rhythmic gymnastics is more of a mixture of gymnastics and ballet dancing. The following acts will make you learn the art of the sport we call rhythmic gymnastics.
- Exercise always helps the human body to attain certain level of flexibility. Same is the case with gymnastics or even the rhythmic gymnastics, which is a great way of providing flexibility to human body. In rhythmic gymnastics, you move and bend your body into different positions, which are not possible to be performed by an average person. You’re only able to pull off such an act if you’ve been doing rhythmic gymnastics, which allows you to stretch your back, arms, legs, and other parts of the body.
- If you’re into rhythmic gymnastics, you would be able to do back walkovers, something an average person can’t even imagine doing.
- Handstands is one of the core parts of rhythmic gymnastics and it not only gives strength to your arms but also put blood in the brain to give it more power.
- Having flexibility in leg muscles is an integral part of the rhythmic gymnastics which allows you to do the leg splits. It is another act which an ordinary person can’t pull off.
- To be able to practice rhythmic gymnastics, your body needs power and strength which can be derived from proper weight training. The more weight you’re able to lift, the more powerful your body becomes.
- You hang down a bar to pull your entire body up frequently for numerous times. It adds up to your body’s endurance and overall strength, especially to the arms muscles.
- Although artistic and rhythmic gymnastics are so different from each other but both can help in achieving the required strength for each other. You may practice artistic gymnastics to gain strength for rhythmic gymnastics and the vice versa.
- In rhythmic gymnastics, you’re required to use a number of props including ribbons, balls, and hoops during your performance. You must practice with the props to be able to balance them efficiently and masterfully during the show.
Read more about how not to overwork yourself after an extensive rhythmic gymnastics session.